FRIDAY FRIDAY

Some people say that when you stay up past a certain timing, you don't feel sleepy anymore. For me as a student it was at 4 am, but now, after such a long, interesting day, I don't feel sleepy. I feel an adrenaline pumping through my veins ever since the morning and I don't want to sleep!

So, I thought I'd come to this space and share my EXTREMELY FULL day with you.

My morning started out a little different as usual because I had to collect something in Kaki Bukit, so instead of hopping on the train I headed nearby. I made arrangements to collect it at 8.30 am, but the guy who promised to do it was not there, and the production team forgot to do it. In the end I had to wait for an hour for them to complete the job and I was so angry and anxious that I was late for work by a full hour that I pushed for a 30% discount. Usually I would be a little scared and not willing to speak up for such things and it has always ended badly in the past. Ohyeah!

I didn't take many pictures in the ofifce, but today I'm glad to say that I was very productive and was ticking things off my to-do list like a machine. It felt awesome!



For lunch, I made my own wrap and brought a little yoghurt. I've been trying to save a lot of money by bringing meals myself. Usually I would like my wrap to have a little fresh crunch either from lettuce or tomatoes or even cucumbers, but ran out of all those and I ended up with a very unhealthy one: Smoked salmon, egg mayo and cheese. But oh well it's Friday so all can be forgiven.

After work, together with my cell group, I went to this really cool little spot at the basement of China Square Central called The 3rd Space and it is basically a cafe that allows musicians to come in to listen. We went to support our member Joel and I'm so surprised that the other singers on stage were sooooo good!

 photo file-117.jpg
Tasteful Christian art :)

 photo file-115.jpg
Terrariums!

 photo file-111.jpg
The little entrepreneur and me! The root beer float costs only $3.50!

 photo file-114.jpg
No eye has seen, no ear has heard no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. 

 photo file-113.jpg
The sign says, "This shop is watched by God. 24/7 surveillance. Cute!"

 photo file-112.jpg
Vintage-style furniture.

 photo file-110.jpg
Food was honestly so-so only & the service was pretty bad! :(

I feel somehow indignant when Christian companies fail to have the spirit of excellence. The company in the morning also was Christian; I took a peek at their whiteboard and saw "Put God first." But they overpromised and undelivered more than 3 times.

This cafe also, I assume was operated under a church. These companies have such awesome premises, ideas and marketing. Is it fair to judge them differently because they are Christian?

I wonder if, at the core of it, is not really about religiousity or Christianity but identity. If I identify myself as a Dunmanian, everything a Dunmanian does or not ultimately affects my image because I have associated myself with it.

Or, is it that I feel there is really something to be expected about Christians - more like how society judges a policeman who commits a crime? Christians, being well-taught in moral principles and imbued with godly wisdom, slip into negligence... Maybe it is a bit of both.

But I suppose from my end as a consumer, I should also confer grace.

 photo file-109.jpg

I found that after speaking a mixture of Japanese and English at work, it's quite hard to snap out of it... When someone tells me a fact or information, I say soudesune~ like when my boss is talking to me. In Japanese it is a polite way of saying, yes... I agree. But used randomly it sounds like I'm trying to be all Jappy and trilingual all.

I'm quite conscious of it! Like when my friend brought his root beer float, without thinking I went あれはほしい〜 (are wa hoshii! I WANT THAT!) It's so strange & awkward when no one understands it.

I speak too little Japanese at work and too much Japanese outside work.

 photo file-108.jpg

 photo file-107.jpg

My awesome talented friend, Joel! He sang a total of 6 songs but sadly the cafe stopped serving food after a weird timing of 8 pm and people started to leave... Literally the instant he finished the staff started chasing us away. :(

The live bands performing were soooo good. But the service and food disappointing.

After dinner with my cell group people, I went to meet up with Alex, Jarrod and Meihui! We wanted to chill at a bar in Little India, but the bar we wanted was closed and the other that we found was too noisy and cramped. In the end we took Jarrod's car out to Duxton, my FAVE part of Singapore! 

 photo file-104.jpg

At Chicken Up, Tanjong Pagar Road! Look at our huge watermelon soju!

 photo file-103.jpg
Bottoms up TO THE WEEKEEND WOOO HOO!

 photo file-102.jpg

No picture of the huge chicken we had, but it was soo awesome too! Had some leftover for lunch tomorrow. Yum.

We had such long conversations about everything.... These people are awesome company! It's these weekends that make me feel young again. XD

Okay now I am getting tired.. Oyasumi. (Good night in Japanese ne.)