Weekend!

Public holidays are a godsend. It's funny how a public holiday screws up with your routine. Thursday felt like Friday, then Friday felt like Monday, and by the time you properly convinced your mind that it was just a one-off public holiday, Sunday is here. Back to your 5-day week.

But not to worry. Vesak Day is just around the corner. Haha. Anywayyy. Some pictures from my relaxing weekend :)

 photo IMG_20140501_050700.jpg

Verdict: It IS REALLY SPICY. However, it belongs to the peppery kind of spicy rather than the savoury type of spicy of the McSpicy variation. I prefer McSpicy, after all.

John and I were just going to have a simple dinner, maybe a movie and some windowshopping but we received a hang-out invitation from Jiexin and we decided to head to Fat Boys!

 photo IMG_20140502_013322.jpg

I was simply too full to get any burger but John got his second burger of the day, some Swiss Mushroom concoction that looked so delicious. Guess who's drinking the little tiny Stella?

 photo IMG_20140502_013352.jpg

And guess what made me so red? Despite my appearance, it was a really chill night compared to the others, and we just had a very civilised meal and catch-up, after which we decided to go home at probably around 9 pm to have a good night's sleep for work on the next day.

And I spent Friday night at home. Because 1) I just did not want to spend any money and 2) nights at home are so precious to me now. I caught up on all the aired episodes of Game of Thrones Season 4 (SO GOOD), all the aired episodes of New Girl Season 3, and am still on my way to finishing How I Met Your Mother. Working on it!

Saturday I usually spend it with my church mates so let's jump to Sunday!

I have been wanting to go to Brotzeit for a long long time because I missed the taste of Sauerkraut! I can still remember having a Bratwurst with Sauerkraut in the Christmas Market of Vienna and it was sooooo awesome. Hot and piping against the cold. Another instance I had it, it was one of those weekly dinner cooking club thing organised by Tomoe and a German girl made it for us with amazing Hollandaise sauce. Yummmm.

Sauerkraut is basically preserved cabbage shredded thinly. I loved it!

 photo CYMERA_20140504_202229.jpg

All the dishes have German names so I don't even remember what we ordered. John had some Steak thing with Spatzel.

 photo CYMERA_20140504_231350.jpg

And this is my Pancakes with Apple Jam (I think)!

 photo CYMERA_20140504_202305.jpg


In the middle is the Sauerkraut I looked forward to eating. 

Sadly, the sauerkraut was a little disappointing. It just isn't as hot and juicy as I remembered it. Or maybe the sweltering weather just makes it so different from the experience I had eating sauerkraut. Anyway, the beer and the pancakes were so good though. But I'm just not sure if it's worth that price. 


 photo CYMERA_20140504_201929.jpg

All weekend, (nay, all my life?) I've been craving for something sweet so we went to Obolo and had a nice afternoon just sitting there, talking, enjoying macarons and a pot of Sakura Flower tea. I almost never do that with John ever. Usually we're in a rush to go to meet friends or family, or we're just at home watching shows, or commonly, having a meal and then leaving as soon as we finish.

It felt very nice and comfortable to have tea time on Sunday with him just discussing our major life plans, short-term, long-term. I really liked it.

Then we came back early and caught up with more episodes of Modern Family. Haha. This weekend is just about watching shows!

 photo CYMERA_20140504_202044.jpg

I think it's been a sweltering couple of days. Here's Cookie hanging out her tongue trying to cool down.. which is my favourite look of her because the way the edges of her mouth curl up and the way her body bobs up and down makes her look like she's chuckling about something funny!!

Oh well. Back to work tomorrow!