You never look like what you see in the mirror. 

A friend from Copenhagen told me this. Isn't it true?

Everytime we look into the mirror, our eyes subtly enlarge... We tilt our heads to our best angles, giving that girl, or guy in the mirror our best confident smile and adjust our hair to almost picture perfect. Sometimes we give the outfit we are wearing a little twirl, pumping up our confidence for the day.

But when we see pictures of ourselves taken when we are not aware, or accidentally catch a glimpse of ourselves through reflections of glass doors and such, we look kinda different, don't we? When we take another conscious look into our reflections, immediately we are adjusting ourselves to our best look again.

Sometimes I'm so horrified to see pictures taken of me unaware because they look so ugly! But that's the everyday, raw and I'd say, true, me (appearance-wise). Once or twice I go to a friend asking him/her why he/she'd post such an ugly picture of me and get an even more horrifying response. No you look fine! 

It just shows that how I look is only beheld by people around me. I probably will never know.. Unless I do a reality show or get someone to hide a cctv in my room or something.

(no good moralistic lesson or point here. abrupt end)