PHOTOSHOOT & MY JOB

The past week at work has been really fun mainly because we had a few rounds of trial photoshoots and they turned out pretty well! Also, we managed to launched our shop successfully on Rakuten and everything has been running really smoothly.

 photo file-64.jpg  photo file-63.jpg  photo file-62.jpg  photo file-61.jpg

A word about Rakuten - It's actually something similar to ebay or qoo10, but it is the Japanese version. In Japan it is sooooo huge you can buy ANYTHING on Rakuten and they are so big that they run their own bank and offer Rakuten credit cards. They have just launched in Singapore this year so many of you may not know about it. Which is why you should buy from Rakuten! 

Rakuten offers free shipping above $40 now, and every hour or every day there is a new promotion going on. It was so useful for me when I bought my Penny Skateboard from Rakuten! I used the "Spend $150 and get $40 off" promotion code, and My skateboard, which was $150.60 became $110.60!! SO AWESOME!

Check out my company's shop that I am managing on Rakuten: www.rakuten.com.sg/shop/melissazakka

There are a lot of products coming in directly from Japan and Rakuten even offers free shipping above $40 for this period. So go! 

 photo file-60.jpg

 photo file-65.jpg

I was editing the photos and I lol-ed when I saw the two pictures line up and it looks like a Val disjointed at the waist... Hahah.

 photo file-66.jpg

I really enjoyed the photoshoots! And the good thing is that all the pictures we are going to use are going to be faceless, so my face is gonna be cropped out and not blasted all over Rakuten. Haha.

Like this:

 photo file-67.jpg
Seriously enjoying my work so much. I'm gonna sound so annoying hashtagging my pictures with #ilovemyjob but it's true!!! The job has its challenges of course and I can't tell you how much I struggled at first and sulked each time my opinion was not heeded. And it took quite some humbling for a fresh, idealistic young graduate that I was to listen more and take criticisms. But above that, my job scope is so broad and while that is something to complain about for certain people, as a jack of all trades I LOVE IT.

Not to mention how great my boss is. He is very cost-sensitive and always stressing efficiency, but unlike the typically Japanese boss, who is a complete stickler for rules and asks of you to respect hierarchy and his authority, my boss is always jovial and understanding. He gets angry, but he never keeps it boiling underneath and translate his anger into passive aggression. He just express every emotion across, like an open book, and that's so awesome for a boss!