NAIISE'S NONG POP-UP STORE

It was an unexpectedly busy Sunday last weekend. Usually Sunday is reserved for John, but since he had course, I asked Jiexin out for brunch and we explored a cafe at Club Street, went to the weekly Sunday vintage flea at China Square Central, visited Nong Pop Up Store and ended up in Bugis buying loose lego bricks. I also had a very unexpectedly interesting Sunday evening... but I just wanted to first talk about Nong Pop Up store!

 photo file-137.jpg

Other than my usual friends, I also follow good designs on instagram. Notably, I follow engnatalie, a chef who takes awesome pictures of the food she makes and other art. I think it was through her that I got to know Naiise and I also mentioned naiise in my earlier posts on interior design for my dream home.

Naiise was organizing workshops and doing really cool stuff at their Nong Pop Up Store, which is on the rooftop of People's Park Complex. I found the whole concept incredibly cool!!!

Last weekend, they instagrammed that it was going to be their last weekend on the roof. So, since Jiexin and I were having brunch in the Chinatown area, we walked over to have a look.

 photo file-122.jpg

I'm sooooo happy to have gone!! Even though I cannot afford the well-designed products they have, it was really cool to go through them and just marvel at the good designs.

 photo file-123.jpg
Little iced gems and Tutu kueh!

 photo file-124.jpg
Dictionary pot.

 photo file-125.jpg
You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

 photo file-127.jpg

 photo file-128.jpg

The whole concept of Nong is "Edible gardens," so a lot of the work is targeted at "greenifying" our urban scapes: selling seeds, terrariums, etc. Interesting ways of bringing nature into our urban life. They also conduct gardening workshops and Farmers' Markets.

 photo file-129.jpg

Apart from the retail area, there is also a gallery area, where the items are curated from mostly local designers. I really love this one! A vectorised geometric design that comes from a sight Singaporeans are so familiar with.

 photo file-130.jpg
Great interior ideas for my home! :)

 photo file-131.jpg

Enjoyed myself thoroughly! Nong Pop Up is now closed, but you can follow Naiise.com, which is an online shop. Some businesses just make you feel excited EVEN IF you aren't the consumer. For me, Naiise is one such business. As a marketer, I'm very interested in how they succeed to do that..

And with that I'll leave you with a TED talk video that kind of teaches you why.



:) Enjoy!